[Healeys] lead substitute question

John O'Brien banjojohn at cox.net
Tue Jul 9 13:14:36 MDT 2019

I have been using Redline Lead Substitute in my Healeys for several
years, based on recommendations from this forum.  I bought several
bottles a few years ago, and am getting close to being out, so I ordered
more.  The old bottles said a 12 oz. bottle would treat 120 gallons (use
1 oz. per gallon)  The new bottles say the 12 oz. bottle treats 25
gallons.  Did they change the product or change the recommended usage
rate on the same product? I suppose I should follow the new recommended
usage rate, but it made the stuff more expensive to use.  Anyone have
any insight or suggestions?  Or is there a new greatest and best lead
substitute i should be using instead?

John O'Brien

'65 BJ8 (Madelyn)

'61 Bugeye (Lucy)