[Healeys] Rear engine mountings

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Mon Jan 21 02:57:23 MST 2019

Hi,

See attached.

I've replaced the big engine mountings in the engine bay. Horrible job.

I'll replace all the tie-rod rubber before replacing it. Easy enough.

But I've not got round to the other bits, parts 24 & 27. Easy to access at
first glance. Is there any hidden snag? If I undo those nuts, will I  ever
line it all up again?

I can see that the engine and gearbox might want to sag down a couple of
inches onto the cross bar, no great problem. But will the whole thing have
some inherent tendency to get out of line and stay out of line? ie, are
there any hidden snags? Any necessary precautions?

Thanks

Simon