[Healeys] paint

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Mon Jan 14 09:58:09 MST 2019

Not sure about the Aussies, but I'd guess that they'd use standard issue BMC
paint. Or perhaps the engines arrived already painted.

The kit Minis made in S.Ireland had the same colour engines as those in the
UK so..

I do know that I bought a can of Moss (Europe) brush/spray engine paint
about 5 years ago. It seemed about right.a good match to what was already
there. So, late last year I bought another can. It was darker - not dark
Morris green, but darker. Same can, same label etc. Not a perfect match.

About a week ago I bought a spray can from Ahead4Healeys. It too was darker,
more or less a match for the second Moss can.

Maybe its my eyesight or we're moving towards the Dark Side.

Simon