[Healeys] Oil Pressure on a rebuilt engine

Robert Begani rfbegani at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:36:39 MST 2019

Thanks for all your help.  I removed the spin on filter, it had a tiny
amount of oil on the edges,  so I hit the starter about 15 seconds the oil
started coming out of one of the holes.  Replaced the filter and ran the
starter for about 30 seconds and oil began to come out of the flex hose to
the pressure gauge.  Replaced the hose and tightened it.  Ran the starter
for about 10 seconds and pressure showed on the gauge.  Checked all the
lines and filter for leakage and then ran the starter until the pressure was
at 40 psi and holding.

Thanks for all your good advice.

Next is to add water and anti-freeze to the radiator. The  Fuel pump is
operating and all fuel lines are secure to the carbs.  Will do a final walk
around and run the starter with spark plugs and try to fire the engine after
I get a fan belt.  I discovered the local parts stores do not know that our
old cars use a classic fan belt with an A in front of number of inches as
our dimensions on the top is ½ inch and bottom is 3/8 inch whereas there
stock is for much smaller serpentine belts. They would have to special order
it, so I ordered one form Moss along with a few bits and pieces.

Regards,

Bob Begani