[Healeys] LED Headlight Conversion advice

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Tue Feb 26 12:42:12 MST 2019

Is that metric teaspoons?

From: Healeys <healeys-bounces at autox.team.net> On Behalf Of Roger Grace
Sent: 26 February 2019 00:39
To: Ron Fine <ronfineesq at earthlink.net>
Cc: AH Mail List <healeys at autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED Headlight Conversion advice

 mmmm... well you asked for it ... !!

Moss gives H4 LED at 25 W per light

Typical halogen H4 is around 55W

Thus a net savings of 30 W per light.

1W = 1J per sec

1kWh is 3.6 mJ

So extra energy used/saved is 0.03 kW per hour

= 0.108 mJ per hour

using 35mJ energy content per litre of gasoline

... mmm no comments about regular or hi octane please !

this translates into 3.7ml = approx. 2.5 teaspoons per hour per light saving

So 5 teaspoons per hour net saving for both lights.

Note this is just the electrical energy savings.

So allowing 90% efficy for generator and say 30% for the IC engine likely net saving is around 18.5 teaspoons or 23.1 ml per hour !!

rg

  _____