[Healeys] Fender Screws

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Fri Feb 22 20:13:20 MST 2019

     Thanks to all that provided info and pictures of the door openings of a 100.  I would like to thank everyone about the screws that are used to attach the fenders to the A/B pillars, but I am now more confused than ever.  I have been told to use BA screws, washers and nut, 10-32 screws, washers and nuts and was also told that these screws were 6-32.  As far as BA screws are concerned, no.  If I had put it to a vote, then the 10-32 size fasteners would win out.  So, just in case, I have both sizes whenever the final determination is made.  Still have not determined if the #6 sheet metal screws for the aluminum threshold plates are Philips or Posidriv.
     Thanks to Michael Salter for a very good explanation of the other screws and locations to attach the fenders.  Still a little confused about that 1/4 inch self tapping sheet metal screw though.     For my next act, I will be trying to find out where the three holes for the top bows are located (filled in by a body fender guy)  and what fasteners are involved there.Mike MacLean