[Healeys] Clutch woes

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Sun Feb 17 09:18:27 MST 2019

Went out to do my mid-winter start up and general check of the BJ8 today.  Pushed in the clutch---absolutely no resistance and went right to the floor.  Checked fluid--empty.  No obvious leaks from the master----some leaks on the floor---haven;t climbed under her yet, but will---suspect the slave.Oh well--at least it didn't happen on the road.  BTW, I'm using, and have been using silicone fluid for a long time------wonder if the rubber in the slave finally gave up.
I understand there is a code # for compatible silicone fluid in clutch/brake applications---??tom