[Healeys] 100 grille shape

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Thu Feb 14 12:22:38 MST 2019

The grille looks right on the pictures.

Josef Eckert
Königswinter/Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: [Healeys] 100 grille shape
Datum: 2019-02-14T20:12:48+0100
Von: "S. Carr" <britfan1 at epix.net>
An: "Healey List" <healeys at autox.team.net>

        As work progresses in a new shop, we’ve discovered that the front
end of my 100 was damaged much worse than we thought (now I know why the
car had no front splash pan!)  And I probably made matters worse by selling
the original grille—but it was minus a couple of teeth, so undoubtedly
bent—and keeping a flea-market replacement.
        The replacement is also bent—not realized when I bought it.  The
front of the shroud was pushed in at the right front—maybe from accident,
maybe from being moved around in the prior shop for years—and we need a
properly shaped grille to shape the nose to (how I wish Moss had the repair
panel for that!)
        Photos of the grill are attached.  In particular, is the top of the
grille supposed to be one continuous forward curve from side to side, or
does it curve toward the rear at the top center?  With the slats removed
there should be no problem straightening it—but to what shape?

Thanks in advance,
Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA