[Healeys] Door alignment shut alignment

John Spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 9 23:21:53 MST 2019

Reducing the strike plate closing/latching force could require mechanical adjustments to the B pillar strike plate machine bolt holes to allow the strike plate to move outwards. Moving it outward might reduce the door latching force. This presumes that old/stiff door seals are not the issue.

Also, make sure the latching mechanism is working smoothly and is well lubed. The strike should be lubed and free to rotate slightly.

John Spaur

San Jose, CA

1962 BT7 with smooth closing doors :):):)