[Healeys] BJ8 Choke cable, coolant temperature sensor

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Wed Feb 6 02:49:53 MST 2019

Good luck with turn signal indicators. Don’t have them, so can’t comment.

The temperature sensor:-

I’ve heard that people cut a slot in a socket, put it on, put a Jubilee clip or two around the socket and there’s the tool.

Never tried that and preferred cutting a slot in a ring spanner. A tip….the first spanner broke at once. You need to cut it per the attached. That way, most of the torque(?) goes onto nut rather than onto the cut shoulder….if I make myself clear. First time, I put the spanner on, then put something on as a bit of extra leverage.

Good luck,

Simon