[Healeys] Fuel gauge damper query

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Sun Feb 3 17:07:25 MST 2019

Hi,

See the attached. I can't recall whose work I was pirating, but I was
interested in it anyway. The latter two paragraphs were added by me after
consulting with you guys.

So, in the end, I got around to trying it myself. I bought this:- eBay
item:-  152332450334

It wasn't hard to fit and in it went...

Now, I know less  about capacitors and milliwotsits than I do about kiloton
yields and so I just bought what seemed closest to the spec on the original
article.

Results? Well, it was a success in a way. The needle didn't bounce around
but it was so damped that it moved like a glacier on a cold day. It did get
up to where it should be, but took, quite literally, 5 minutes to do so. All
good connections, all per the diagram. Gauge working fine before and after.

So...I suppose that I bought the wrong thing. Can anybody be very kind and
tell me precisely what I should have bought? All the clever little numbers
and symbols. I don't have to understand it; I just have to fit it.

And, before you all shout at once, I have Michael's alternative in mind and
will probably finish with it as a permanent fix. It's just that I can't bear
to be beaten by a tuppeny-happeny capacitor.

Thank you,

Simon