[Healeys] Ballast resistor wiring question

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 07:22:48 MST 2019

I purchased two of the Moss 170-941 red LED bulbs to use as
tail-lights/brake-lights to replace the standard 1157 dual filament bulbs
on my 100 (I have the reflector pods electrified and wired for turn
signals).  In addition to the bulbs I also purchased, at Moss's suggestion,
two 170-965 Load Resistors.

The instructions for installation of the resistors simply talk about the
resistor's being installed between the power and ground leads to each
fixture but it does not specify which power lead.  My question is:  do I
connect the ground lead to the tail light power lead or the turn signal
power lead or does it matter?  I cannot envision connecting it to both as
that would defeat their separate function.

TIA....Michael Oritt