[Healeys] 100 engine/drive train vibration

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Wed Aug 21 12:22:10 MDT 2019

I am trying to help a friend who is trying to determine the source of a vibration in his recently professionally restored 100 BN2.The car was very recently restored by a well respected company that is know for their concours quality restorations. I do not believe there are any non-original modifications involved in this problem. With the engine running, the transmission in neutral & the clutch engaged there is a noticeable vibration. When the clutch is depressed (disengaged) the vibration disappears.  I have not been able to actually experience this in person because the car is out of town.What are your thoughts on the possible causes/explanations for this vibration?
Thanks,Gary Hodson