[Healeys] Lempert Steering Wheel

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Aug 18 08:20:10 MDT 2019

I installed a Lempert wheel several years ago.  I recall I had to
persuade the hub to go on and off the splines with a plastic-faced
hammer; if you're careful you won't harm anything (grease the splines on
the shaft and wheel).

Unless he's started making his own, Michael gets his hubs from Moto
Lita, but machines them to fit Healeys.  The splines on the hub are
shorter by 1/16" or so, and Michael seemed unaware of that when I
informed him--maybe he's done something about it by now--but I think
there is still plenty of meat on them.  I haven't had any issues since
installation.

Bob