[Healeys] Different Rear Hubs

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Wed Aug 14 11:30:03 MDT 2019

Mike,
The hub with the long studs is for a disk  wheel car.
Josef Eckert
Gernany

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: [Healeys] Different Rear Hubs
Datum: 2019-08-14T15:11:40+0200
Von: "Mike MacLean" <rrengineer.mike at att.net>
An: "healeys at autox.team.net" <healeys at autox.team.net>

I am finishing up the differential, suspension and brakes for my BN2.  I
knew early in the restoration I had two different rear hubs.  I am not sure
what hub belongs on which model or when they changed, but it is evident the
two I have were from two different differentials.  I don't think that
presents a problem.  I just installed the brake drums and extended splined
hubs tonight.  The wheel studs on one side only stick out from the nuts by
a few threads.  The other side the studs stick out 3/8" to 1/2".  Will this
present any problems?  I am using Dayton 48 spoke wire wheels.
Mike MacLean