[Healeys] Water pump

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Aug 9 09:16:57 MDT 2019

Do not run the pump dry. Use normal coolant and accept some very slight
leaking for the first few (or a bit more) miles while the seal is
bedding in. Fit a grease nipple and gease as recommended but do not
overdo this.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 9-8-2019 om 16:56 schreef Michael Oritt:
> Following last week's removal of the water pump that was throwing a
> nasty mixture of grease and coolant around the engine compartment I am
> in the process of reassembling things with a rebuilt water pump
> obtained from Healey Surgeons.
>
> The pump I am installing is tapped for a zerk fitting, but i have seen
> some pumps where there is no tapped/drilled hole for a grease nipple,
> and i have also read opinions about the wisdom of NOT lubing the pump
> with grease.  Can anyone shed light here?
>
> Also i have read/heard recommendations to run the pump dry--without
> coolant--for some period of time in order to promote quicker bedding
> in of seal or something along those lines. What is the groups'
> experience/wisdom on this?
>
> Best--Michael Oritt

---
Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com