[Healeys] DWR Steering Column

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Apr 16 14:34:05 MDT 2019

A while back, someone asked about how well these perform.  I received
mine yesterday--after Customs shook me down for $75--and just got it on
the bench today:

It'll be a while before I can get it installed--thanks to all that
replied to my inquiry--but can provide some 'first impressions:'

  * Turning the shaft by the steering wheel end, there is no discernible
    play; you turn the shaft, the rocker starts to turn (can only turn
    the wheel about 3/4 turn due to the protective wrap)
  * The steering 'feel' is smooth as can be, no hint of binding,
    looseness or change in feel
  * Comes with a liter of steering box oil which, of course, will be
    impossible to find in the 'States
  * Item was well-packed

Bob