[Healeys] FW: Radiator flush

Robert Begani rfbegani at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 07:12:57 MDT 2019

More on electricity in the automobile.  The same friend has been working to get his classic Lagonda automobile in top operating condition and noticed that the starting was weak so he cleaned the cables contacts etc.  Still not satisfactory, so he had the batteries checked with a load test.  They were in good condition.  Then he began to look at the ground strap.  It was not what he expected, small diameter and screwed to the firewall.  So he ran a large gauge copper wire directly to the engine and bolted the new ground wire directly to the frame. Voila, the engine turns over rapidly.  Now he will consider reinstalling his Aluminum Radiator. We AH owners are fortunate to have a heavy ground strap from the engine to the frame, so our stray electric problems could be largely eliminated.  However, it is good to check to see if it has a clean and secure connection to both sides thereby insuring constant flow of electricity. A weak flow can create a problem that you will attribute to a weak battery etc.

Next question to start a thread, what is a Lagonda British Car for the next trivia question?

I never heard of it until Hermann bought one and brought it to the U.S.  Probably, it is the only one in North America!

Bob Begani

BJ8