[Healeys] Healey Sighting

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Thu Apr 4 02:32:05 MDT 2019

I suppose you've all got this then?
Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys <healeys-bounces at autox.team.net> On Behalf Of Bob Spidell
Sent: 04 April 2019 05:16
To: Healeys <healeys at autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Healey Sighting

Surprised no one has reported this one yet (or maybe I missed the memo?).  In Clint Eastwood's latest, 'The Mule' there is a red BJ8 featured briefly, but prominently, in a couple scenes.  Eastwood, who has been transporting coke for a Mexican cartel, is brought to meet the cartel's big boss in Mexico; as he's driven up in a black Escalade--of course--there is a Mustang, a Cobra, an E-Type and, as Eastwood gets out of the SUV the red BJ8 is seen in the background.  A few minutes later, there is a framed shot of the drug lord's mansion in front in the evening, and the BJ8 is on the left, the Cobra is in the center and there's another older car--think it might be a Jag coupe, not sure--on the right. Eastwood is the kind of director who leaves nothing to chance--frames every scene--and it's pretty damn cool he featured the Healey in a full shot; the Cobra and the other car (Jag?) were both partially obscured.  I'm a cheap ass, except when it comes to my cars, and I waited for the movie to be rentable 'On Demand,' which is nice because, of course, I could back it up and forward it to verify my sighting (and try to discern the dialog my old ears often miss).  The first shot is at 1:00:37, and the second at 1:01:27.

The movie?  Oh, it was OK; for $5.99 it was worth it for the Healey sighting.  My SO was only slightly annoyed but, she drives a Focus.

Bob