[Healeys] Radiator flush

i erbs eyera3000 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 12:10:28 MDT 2019

Hello all,
Preparing to install my alum radiator. Thought I would flush the cooling
system.
Which diretion direction does water flow? From block though
Shut off vavle into heater core, or through pipe and back into block
through the shut off valve?
Is my valve in open ir closed position? Heater controls not reinstalled
yet. Unit get hot so Ill asume open, but want to confirm. Removed
thermostat to help water flush ststem easier. Im going to add extra hose
and splice in a water hose bib. That way I can remove it and put system
back in place.
Im off this week, but the rain gods are laughing at me. So I'm just getting
everything ready for the sweet spot of having time and sunshine so I can
back the car out of the garage and flush the system. I plan to drain the
anti freeze and fill with flush chemicals and water when I'm ready to
flush. Bought new anti freeze for my new radiator.
Driving season is fast approaching.
Happy roads and saftey fast
Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
typos and artifacts are the fault of my phone