[Healeys] Adjusting valves; dog nut on crank

Frank Magnusson fmags at cox.net
Thu Sep 27 09:19:31 MDT 2018

I'm just starting adjusting the valves on myBJ8 and can't seem to find a wrench of the right size for the dog nut on the crankshaft.  I have a large crescent wrench but its too thick to get in there.  Does anybody know the correct size wrench to fit that nut?

If I remember. Right, It looks like the last time I adjusted the valves, I used a large tapered drift to engage the dog ears on the nut, which seems to work fine.  Just curious what everyone else uses.

Thanks,
Frank
'65 BJ 8

Sent from my iPad