[Healeys] still overheating

Frank Magnusson fmags at cox.net
Wed Sep 26 15:53:00 MDT 2018

Hi Ira,

A couple thoughts:

You might try running it with the thermostat removed.  That would completely rule out the thermostat.  I've had bad ones right out of the box.  It will run fine without a thermostat this time of year.

I wouldn't think the cause is a blown head gasket or there would be other signs.  Usually you'll get white smoke out the tailpipe and you can smell the burned antifreeze.

Most likely thing from my experience if not a thermostat is a water pump, or the gauge.

Are you sure its not the gauge and its actually running at the correct temp?

Hope this helps,
Frank
'65 BJ8

Sent from my iPad