[Healeys] still overheating

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Sep 25 14:48:26 MDT 2018

As the problem arrose rather suddenly, I would not realy think of a head
gasket, also as there is no oil in water or v.v.  Also the car is
running smoothly which does not indicate poor adjustment of carbs and/or
ignition (my first thoughts) or blown head gasket. Waterpump or
thermostat (sorry) would be the biggest suspects.

You say that the engine was rebuilt 40 years ago. Was the coolant
replaced and the engine/radiator flushed periodically, say every 2-3
years? Could it be that the engine has silted up and suddenly some
sediment particles come loose blocking some passage or radiator?

Kees Oudesluijs