[Healeys] BN1 Grilles

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 20:22:49 MDT 2018

William,

Without a photo it's hard to tell, however there are some so-called NOS
replacement grills that have a flatter top, and I can tell you from the
experience of others, that yes these are a bit too short and do not fit.  A
friend scrapped this type of grill during his restoration and found an
original had it restored and it fits just fine!.

To answer your question, in my opinion no... the only car with the "peaked"
grill was the prototype Earls Court show car.  I have talked to the owner
of AHX-3 the second Austin Healey pre-production car, and oldest existing
AH, and I believe that his grill is not peaked.

I have a front shroud and several grills and will test fit a few and send
photos.

Cheers,

Curt