[Healeys] Thermostats

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Sep 10 10:56:28 MDT 2018

If you can get hold of a sleeved thermostat from AC or Smiths &
equivalents you should get one fo those. The non sleeved ones do not
work with these cars as they do not shut of the bypass which means that
not all coolant is flowing through the radiator but also partly back
straight into the engine without cooling. 180°-ca. 195°F opening
temperature is fine for winter and summer. If the cooling system is OK
otherwise you should not really see a lot of varying engine
temperatures. Winter-summer thermostat is very old school.

Kees Oudesluijs