[Healeys] Gear lever question

Michael Salter michael.salter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 07:51:17 MDT 2018

I'm trying to get this sorted out for the concours guidelines.

The LHD, RHD idea certainly makes sense but other than for the BN1 it
*isn't* supported by the parts books that I can find.

They seem to list:

For the BN1 R H Steering* (1B3659)*, L H Steering *(1B3630)*
Early BN2 *(1B3746)*,
Later BN2*(1B3748)*
Early BN7, BT7 to (e)29D-H20597 *(1B3701)*
Later BN7, BT7 from  (e)29D-H20598 , which I presume is the "double bend"
type for which I cannot find a part number (perhaps someone can help as I
don't have a MkII parts book)
The early center shift cars *(AEC3658)* (small end ball)
Later center shift *(22B195) *with the larger end ball for the nylon bush.

I still need to determine the difference between the later BN2 and the
early BN4/6 and the part number for the later BN/BT7 (double bend type).

Michael S