[Healeys] Generator?

banjojohn banjojohn at cox.net
Tue Sep 4 08:57:53 MDT 2018

AlexThis may be a ridiculous suggestion, but my generator was not working recently and I  finally noticed that the field wire had come loose at my voltage regulator.  At first I  was so busy looking around the genny that I never looked at the firewall where the regulator is and didn't see the wire hanging loose.  John O'Brien'65 BJ8 (Madelyn)'61 Bugeye (Lucy)

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
-------- Original message --------From: Alex <alexmm at roadrunner.com> Date: 9/2/18  4:25 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: healeys at autox.team.net Subject: [Healeys] Generator?

My BT7 generator seems dead. There's no output voltage at point D on the
generator at speed.

There's good -12V at regulator terminals A and A1.  Might the series
coil and normally-open points on the regulator be open?

The engine lamp lights up, and starts to dim at around 3000 RPM. The
regulator has only 400 miles on it since replacement. My ammeter shows
zero amperes, although it will show a discharge if I turn on the lights.

Any thoughts before I pull the dynamo and check the brushes and commutator?

== Alex in Maine
1960 BT7

---
https://www.avg.com