[Healeys] Lift for Healeys

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Oct 13 08:56:08 MDT 2018

Folks,

I need to get a lift in order to get under the various vehicles I now
have to maintain for myself and my mother (and bury the not-to-code and
ridiculously dangerous grease pit my dad installed many years ago).  In
watching all the various car shows, it seems the two-post variety is the
most popular, but the drive-on four-post might be the most convenient
(except when you need to remove the wheels, obviously, or raise one of
the tractors).  So, I'm leaning toward the 2-post--any and all
suggestions on brand (American-made preferred) and size accepted--but
I'm concerned about supporting a Big Healey at four points on their
famously flimsy chassis rails.  What are you all using?  Any issues
lifting a Healey by the chassis (assuming it's not fully swiss-cheesed)?

Thanks,
Bob