[Healeys] Fuel Pumps (AGAIN!)

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Nov 27 08:19:14 MST 2018

Thanks for the reply Kees.  I do have a vent tube from the solenoid body
vent into the boot, and I've never installed a pump without the proper
seal (tape) between the cap and the solenoid body.  I've seen a couple
variants of the vent on the electronics cap; some have a cap over the
vent which precludes the tube.  One of the pumps did suffer from severe
corrosion--IIRC I sent a photo to the List--so that is something to
investigate.  However, one of the pumps failed in less than 1,000 miles
and never saw rain.

Bob