[Healeys] bolt identification - another article

Mirek Sharp m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 24 15:59:12 MST 2018

Thanks Curt, we can never know too much about our bolts, or our nuts.  I use CEI a lot, as I have a couple of older BSAs and they used CEI in 95% of the applications, most, but not all of them from Rubery Owen.  One of the gurus from the Velocette club once did in fact do a quiz on fasteners at one of our AGMs.  The question was, “How many threading systems did Velocette use on their bikes?”  I cannot recall the answer, but it was surprisingly high – if I can find the answer, I will post it..  My personal favourite was “Admiralty thread”, which I seem to recall was for the top fork nuts on a Velo, and also has a Whitworth form:

British Admiralty Fine Threads
(Whitworth Form)

Diameter.............TPI

Under 1/2"............24