[Healeys] Ikea coating

Al Fuller al at bighealey.org
Wed Nov 14 01:14:25 MST 2018

Anodizing [anodising] maybe?

Al Fuller

'65 BJ-8

'85 Rx-7

From: Healeys <healeys-bounces at autox.team.net> On Behalf Of Michael Salter
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 12:57 PM
To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut at gmail.com>
Cc: Healey list <healeys at autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ikea coating

I'm out of town for a few days but,  as I recall, the coating that I am referring to cannot be cut or peeled off with a blade.

When I try to cut it off it is impossible to penetrate,  very like chrome or cadmium plating. I  can fairly easily file through it but when I do it does not seem to peel off at all.

When I get home I will try applying some heat to see how it reacts.