[Healeys] Questions of the day

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Fri Nov 9 18:09:19 MST 2018

There are harness branches that diverge from the junction at the large grommet on the firewall. one extends forward on the left side down the chassis reinforcement and serves the front lighting, the turn signal relay and the connection of the turn signal switch and horn power at the bottom of the steering column. The other extends forward down the right side and connects to the generator (Yellow and Yellow/Green), ignition coil and distributor (White/Black).

The rear lighting harness connects below the junction and extends to the rear along the left frame rail. That harness includes White/Green and White/Brown wires for turn signals, a Red wire for the tail and license plate lights, a Green/Brown wire for the fuel level sensor, a White wire for fuel pump power and a White/Black wire for the ignition grounding (kill) switch. You should find matching wires in the main harness. It's just a matter of matching wire colors and snapping the appropriate bullet connectors together. I had a problem with mine in that I had to find some extra slack to keep the connectors from pulling loose.

Bill Lawrence

BN1 #554