[Healeys] Damper nut.

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Mon Nov 5 09:33:50 MST 2018

I’ve changed my mind and am going to get a Pro Race damper.

I’ve removed that nut before as I recall. Years ago. I bought a great lump
of a (single-ended) spanner at a place that sold mainly army surplus stuff.
I put it on the nut and whacked it..hard. Worked fine.

It has 1⅛” BS on one side & 1”W on the other side.

It measures 1.68” or42.46mm.

Looking at photos, I don’t think that I’ll be able to use that spanner to
do the nut up all the way once I’ve got the Pro Race onto the shaft.
Access….looks like the nut’s position is more recessed. I need a socket
of some kind.

1.	And I reckon that 1”W(hitworth) is the same size as a 111/16”AF.
Am I correct?
2.	What did you guys use?
3.	And I gather that the original washer won’t fit in the recess or
that one can’t get at it in order to turn one side up. What do you suggest?

Thanks,

Simon