[Healeys] Refinishing dashboard wood

Stephen Hutchings s.hutchings at rogers.com
Sun Nov 4 08:15:45 MST 2018

I found the only way to get the old stuff off was to get under it with a pallet knife- it seemed to be impervious to any removers. I didn’t have to use any stain- the burled veneer has quite a lot of colour of its own once the new varnish goes on.
Steve Byers can tell you about a product he used called, something like “Envirotek”.
I used many coats of spar varnish and sanded between coats.

Stephen, BJ8