[Healeys] Refinishing dashboard wood

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Nov 3 23:40:59 MDT 2018

I have done this on a TR6. The lacquer was probably epoxy as it did not
respond to solvents, so I had to sand away the coat. Be very careful as
the wood surface may be a very thin veneer easily damaged by sanding.
use 400 grade. I used many coats of boat lacquer to finish the dash to
build up before sanding the top coat smooth, first with 600, followed by
2000 and a cutting compound to achieve a highly glossy finish.

Not difficult but very tedious.

Kees Oudesluijs