[Healeys] Anybody body out there rebuild Lucas Fuel pumps?

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun May 13 19:29:52 MDT 2018

Yeah, I guess I wasn't clear.  I've always assumed the end cap with a
vent was a holdover from the points design; IIRC I've bought a SS pump
and it still had the vent.  I don't think the electronic ones produce a
spark at all; Dave DuBois uses an optical trigger which, of course,
should not produce a spark. Begs the question, where does the voltage
produced from the collapsing coil field go?

What surprised me was the corrosion was over almost all the surfaces,
not just the metal ones.   Has to be some serious electrolysis going on.