[Healeys] Auxiliary carb

editorgary at aol.com editorgary at aol.com
Sat Mar 17 13:14:19 MDT 2018

 I worked with another couple who restored their car and retained the original auxiliary carb, but we found one problem with it on the car's maiden voyage. The second morning on the trip, they started up the car with no problem and then drove it a few blocks to the gas station to fill it up. After the fill up they couldn't get it to start. It finally started up all right after about 30 minutes. Turned out the problem was that it hadn't had the chance to warm up enough to shut off the switch, but it still had fuel in the system, so it was flooding itself. After that, he switched over to an on-off switch he hid under the dash, which he used as if it were a choke, turning it on to get the car started and then switching it off.

G.

Gary Anderson
Los Altos, California