[Healeys] Distributor cap and wires

jim ab7vf at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 10 09:01:38 MST 2018

      From: Elton Schulz <eschulz at frontiernet.net>
 To: Healey List <healeys at autox.team.net>
 Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2018 12:12 AM
 Subject: [Healeys] Distributor cap and wires

Fellow Listers,
I recently purchased a new Lucas side entry distributor cap and new
ignition wires. I'm having no success in fastening the wires with the
cap's screws.  The screws are right up against the bottom stops of the
wire holes and the screws have too little wire to bite into. Try as I
might, the wires pull out with no effort.  What am I missing? Should
there be a thimble or sorts or something over the wire's end for the
screw to catch?
Thanks for your help.
Elton
BJ7

   Cut the wires (longer bare end) and double them over ...doubled up ends under the screws
Jim