[Healeys] solid state pump

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Thu Jun 21 02:34:04 MDT 2018

I suppose I’ve been lucky but have had no trouble with rebuilt pumps. I imagine, with regard to points, one has to have the right source. I get mine from Burlen in the UK who, incidentally, seem to have improved a lot recently. (But maybe Burlen supply everyone else?)

Also from Midel in Australia. Not sure if they’re still going? At one stage, it was cheaper and quicker to get parts from them in Oz than from Burlen in UK, 80 miles from my front door.

The rebuilt pumps are still going strong. I think the “turn the body of the pump round by one more bolt hole” advice is worthwhile.

I remain aware of SU’s potential for failure and tried to hedge my bets by installing a double-ender before a long foreign trip. I hope it serves to be similar to carrying a spare but, so long as you switch ends occasionally, you don’t run the risk of the replacement being dead right out of the box……that being something which I’ve heard of, but not experienced.

One can find the double-enders on eBay or Autojumbles. Usually cheap. They often look so grotty that one would leave them alone, forgetting that one’s going to refurbish them inside and out??

I do like the roadside pic from the desert. If that happened to me, over here, it would start to rain.

Simon