[Healeys] Diesel oil filters

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Fri Jun 1 09:12:49 MDT 2018

I've just to changed my car's oil. I change oil & filter every +/- 3,000
miles. No harm in doing it so often.

I've got a spin on oil filter adaptor that comes straight off the block. And
I've got a WOSP high torque starter motor. And a PBR servo which is less
intrusive(?) than the Girling. Anyhow, that all just means that I've got
loads of space down there in the filter area.

I've got a Mann W1130/1 filter here on my desk. See eBay item number
122966141959 for its spec. It's a pretty massive thing and it seems to be
fitted to diesels.

I've put one on the Healey, 3000, and all seems well. Oil pressure is good.

BUT, nagging doubts.

Is big filter good and bigger filter even better?

Is there a fundamental difference between diesel engines' filters and petrol
engines' filters? (Beyond diesels normally being bigger).

I don't see that it's being BIG and for a diesel can do any harm. Am I
right?

Simon