[Healeys] Brake line

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Mon Jul 23 07:24:47 MDT 2018

I prefer silicone brake fluid because it does not absorb water & it does not affect paint & does not require frequent replacement. If you have an ingress of water you already have a problem regardless of which fluid type you are using! If the water separates out, like you describe, you could simply expel it by bleeding the system. After you fix the source of the leak, of course.
Gary

Forget the silicone brake fluid (DOT 5) for normal use. If there      is water ingress it will separate out on the lower parts i.e.      wheel cylinders and can cause havoc. Use conventional DOT4 or 5.1      and replace every 2 years.

I replace my engine, gearbox and rear axle oil every year and at      the same time all other fluids: brake fluid and coolant      (blue/green).