[Healeys] 1967 Healey BJ8

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 12 22:30:08 MDT 2018

Hi Wayne:

As far as I know, the replacement heater valves seem to be of decent quality.  I changed mine a few years ago during a total resto and haven’t had any problems with it.  If you decide to keep the original, I might suggest changing the rubber o-ring – they do deteriorate with time.

A little trick I learned a long time ago:  the original mounting screws are posidrive – 10 x 32, I believe. Replace them with the same length hex head screws – way easier to get at with a small spanner with the car fully together.  I usually get the armrest console out of the way on a BJ8 anyway – easy enough to do.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb