[Healeys] Valve adjustment

Perry healeyguy at aol.com
Wed Feb 14 06:00:57 MST 2018

Listers
When specifications conflict on valve adjustment I always go with the larger number.  If it makes a little noise because to gap is to big that is one thing but if you don’t have enough gap and things heat up and expand thus closing the gap then you may have much bigger issues.  That said I set the gap at 12 thousands whether the engine is cold, warm or hot because that specification is also ambiguous. More likely you your engine is suffering from a raft of other maladies like pitted lifters, worn cam shaft lobes, worn rocker shaft bushings or bent push rods. Oh and 12 thousandths of an inch is 0.012 while 1/8 inch is 0.125. Pesky little zeros again…….
Perry