[Healeys] Emergency Brake Bracket

Robert Begani rfbegani at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 06:49:05 MST 2018

Further to the bracket, as the head was drilled off of the screw which would
not come off, I cut off the remainder with a dremel cutoff wheel, removed
the spacer and applied lots of PB blaster.  Using a mini Vise Grip pliers, I
got it to move, applied more PB and more movement.  Eventurally, the machine
screw come off. The problem is replacing the screws.  All I could obtain is
stainless steel phillips head screws with a much larger head.  So off to my
friend George, who measured the existing screw head, put it in the lathe and
determined the angle of the head is 43 degrees, so he slowly shaved off the
sides of the head until it resembled the original screw.  Fit perfectly.

Bob Begani

BJ8 67