[Healeys] Gearbox swap option

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 18:52:27 MST 2018

Today I took my BJH8's bellhousing and OD adapter plate to a close-by machine shop to have the the shim recesses milled out to fit DWR's heavy duty spring washers (which are supposed to help solve jumping-out-of gear problems).  In talking to the machinist, and explaining what the work is for, he told me that he makes adapter plates for Toyota and Nissan gearboxes (he said the Nissan 6-speed is a better swap than the Toyota 5-speed, FWIW).  I don't know if he'd be willing to do pieces or a kit for a Healey gearbox swap, but seemed to be interested in the opportunity and I said I'd do a plug on the List:

http://www.toyotav8.com

He's in Central California, Modesto to be exact.

Full disclaimer: I have NFI in this shop or this business; however, the shop owner--and father to the machinist--is the husband of one of my mother's hair stylists way back when, and the machinist is a friend of one of my nephews.

Bob