[Healeys] Sump removal

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Thu Dec 6 15:36:05 MST 2018

In cases like that, I spray the joint liberally with penetrating oil and tap
on it periodically with a hammer to set up vibrations and allow the
penetrant to penetrate quicker (pad it with wood, or use a rubber mallet).
That usually pops it loose after a bit, but if it doesn't repeat the process
and be patient.

I just replaced the oil pump in my BJ8 a few months ago and I seem to recall
that there is a cutout in the block flange that would allow breaking the
sump loose from above, but I didn't need or use that and I'm not sure I'm
remembering correctly.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry