[Healeys] 100 hood (bonnet) contour

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Wed Dec 5 16:15:37 MST 2018

The bonnet should be crowned in both directions. A trick I was taught by a metal worker to determine if the surface is distorted is to use a long flexible piece of gas welding rod as a gauge. Hold down the ends on the known correct surfaces and look for gaps between the rod and the surface between. The rod should lie on the surface for its whole length as it defines a smooth curve.

Bill Lawrence
BN1 #554