[Healeys] Jensen-Healey Question

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Aug 4 04:02:16 MDT 2018

The J-H gearbox was a Sunbeam 4-speed close ratio gearbox which was
changed to a Getrag 5-speed gearbox in late ´74 or in ´75. The Sunbeam
box is the better shifting and quieter box. Both boxes were non-O-D. The
J-H 4-speed is considerably quicker than the J-H5 on 0-100km/h. The
final drive ratio was slightly taller on the J-H 5

Many J-H´s are coverted to a Sunbeam 4-speed with O-D.

A Vauxhall gearbox was never used.

Kees Oudesluijs