[Healeys] Fwd: 1956 Austin-Healey 100M

Steven Kingsbury airtightproductions at icloud.com
Fri Aug 3 07:15:32 MDT 2018

The paint job you're talking about here would look rather odd and I've never seen one like that either. What I was talking about is the actual swage line in the metal. My car is one color, as were most of the early cars because as Gerry said, that's just the way the British did them. The rear "wing" was smooth. No crease in the metal. That made the two tone paint job more difficult as there was no line to follow. And so Donald asked Gerry to design and show the body guys where the crease should be made in the actual metal so painters would have a built in line to follow.  Make sense now?
Steven