[Healeys] LED panel lights

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Thu Aug 2 10:26:16 MDT 2018

I followed that thread with interest as my blue Main Beam and green
Indicator were always pretty dim.

I decided to get some of those little bulbs if I could find them at a
sensible price.

I decided to hunt down the size and reference of the bulb holder and then
seek the appropriate LEDs.

The bulb holder is an E10. Over here at least one can buy 10 of the short
flat ones for £12:95 inc P&P. The longer ones are a little more, but only
pennies really.

I only point this out as people have been mentioning prices approaching that
for one single bulb. Just to let you know

Now, I’ve put the bulbs in and they make a noticeable difference to the Main
Beam and the Indicator. The instruments? Not sure until I go out at
night
.they were OK anyhow. (I do hate fossicking around behind the
instruments. Always worry that I’ll detach some vital wire or two.)

Question

haven’t I heard that LED bulbs aren’t suitable for the red
Ignition light? Why? Is there a way of making them work there?

Thanks,

Simon